This one has to be worthy of some discussion.
ALTEC 9848A STUDIO MONITOR CROSSOVER - eBay (item 170363928405 end time Aug-01-09 14:12:42 PDT)
This one has to be worthy of some discussion.
ALTEC 9848A STUDIO MONITOR CROSSOVER - eBay (item 170363928405 end time Aug-01-09 14:12:42 PDT)
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Hey bowtie,,,
School me, what is rare about these,,, I am clueless.....
Thanks,
-chris
I've never actually laid my eyes on a 9848 monitor, i have even heard speculation that it may never have been produced in any significant quantity.
The XO proves to me more or less, that these monitors were indeed produced, maybe only a handful though. Also note the S/N is very low on that XO.
If you're not familiar, the 9848 housed two 411 woofers and a 288 on 511E. I would expect their performance to be substantial. http://www.lansingheritage.org/html/...akers/9848.htm
Not all vegetables make good leaders.
Indeed, the one pair I auditioned at the distributor would make great high end DJ speakers, but not studio monitors IMO.
GM
Loud is Beautiful if it's Clean! As always though, the usual disclaimers apply to this post's contents.
Thanks guys.....
-chris

baby brother
Classic Altec Lancing 9846-8A Pair
Your neighbors called. They like your music.
Bookmarks